One of my favorite times of year is when we put up the Christmas tree. I just can't get enough of all that Christmas cheer - especially when the family is full of cheer too. We crank up the music and go to town turning our house into a Christmas wonderland. This year was a little bittersweet for me though. Knowing that we have the movers coming on the 28th of December caused me to think twice about all my decorations. In the end, I decided to forgo the garland on the stairs and some other of those extras, knowing that I did not want to take it all down the day after Christmas to get ready for the movers. But, even without it, we still had a great time getting our tree up and starting the Christmas season off right!
Dressing up or dressing the tree????
Christmas Joy!
The beauty in our tree comes from its mismatched imperfection. All of our ornaments were made by someone in the family(mostly at a young age), or are souvenirs and gifts. There is no rhyme or reason to our hodge podge Christmas Tree and I just love it that way! We get a new ornament on every family vacation. This makes putting the ornaments up a very fun event - it is a trip down memory lane every year.
Enjoying all our family ornaments.
No comments:
Post a Comment