I recall a blog post when we first moved to Australia about shirtless, shoeless men in McDonalds. Similarly, in the past few days, I have noticed several things that have made me think of Dorothy. "Toto, I have a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore." Here are just a few of them.
1. A grown man walking down our main street wearing a speedo and a t-shirt... and nothing else!
2. An increasing number of people shopping without shoes.
3. A child skateboarding (barefoot) through the grocery store.
4. Christmas Carol services at the beach.
5. Shrimp on the barbie as part of our Christmas dinner.
6. BBQ church every Sunday in January. (That's a real Aussie sausage sizzle after every evening service - did I mention it is in January?)
7. Watching Bowl games while it is 85 degrees and sunny outside.
We are definitely not in Kansas anymore!
No comments:
Post a Comment