We did enjoy our day at the Wai-O-Tapu Thermal Wonderland. The bubbling mud pools and other pools were amazing. Poor little C could not handle the smell and cried most of the time. The older two were in awe of God's creation. It was a really neat place to go.
We also enjoyed a day trip down to Lake Taupo. The town itself is a big step up from Rotorua and the lake was lovely also. We also liked Huka Falls. The highlight of this day however, was the Debretts hot springs pools. The kids loved the waterslide and various pools - all hot water of course! If we had stayed in this area longer, and did not have to fly home from Aukland, I would have wanted to stay in Taupo.
All in all, we had a wonderful time in New Zealand. If you ever get to this part of the world, New Zealand is not to be missed. I would go back in heartbeat - but next time I would steer clear of the smell!
No comments:
Post a Comment