This is the story of our life and the 40 little toes we have to love. Our quiver is full!

Children are a gift from the LORD; they are a reward from him. Children born to a young man are like arrows in a warrior’s hands. How joyful is the man whose quiver is full of them. Psalm 125:3-5






Monday, August 27, 2012

Back to School!

We have had a wonderful (hot) summer here in Texas!  I wasn't sure what to expect this summer.  I was sort of dreading three long months with the kids home.  My thoughts were... no school, no friends, no activities = no sanity for mom.  I was wrong.  There were certainly plenty of moments of insanity (but what family with 4 kids doesn't have moments like that?!).  Overall, we had a great summer.  The kids have made fast friends with lots of kids in the neighborhood and spent plenty of time playing with each other.  They past the days fishing at the neighborhood pond, riding bikes and scooters and swimming.  Did I mention swimming?  We swam almost every day and put our pool to very good use. 

That brings me to today.  The first day of school.  As always, bittersweet.  I am happy to return to the routine of school and the kids are happy to be going back to see their friends daily.  But, I am sad to enter the whirlwind that will be our life for the next 9 months.  And yes, they grow up too fast.  W and C don't start preschool until next week so at least this week I can savor those last days of summer and spend unlimited moments of insanity with them!  For now, here are  a few pictures of A and M on their first day of 6th and 3rd grade!


No comments:

Post a Comment