This is the story of our life and the 40 little toes we have to love. Our quiver is full!

Children are a gift from the LORD; they are a reward from him. Children born to a young man are like arrows in a warrior’s hands. How joyful is the man whose quiver is full of them. Psalm 125:3-5






Saturday, March 28, 2020

We're back...

It has been almost six years since I have posted on this blog.  A lot has happened in these past years.  When I last posted we had just moved back to Texas.  After 3 years we moved to Denver and now we are back in the great state of Texas.  And, we are in the midst of a global pandemic. With the entire world shut down and practicing social distancing, we are all at home.  That means for the past two weeks, my family of 6 has been at home, working, schooling, and playing.  We have left the house to go on walks around the neighborhood and I have gone to the grocery store.  That is it.

Reflections after 2 weeks... We've got this! The kids are doing a great job getting to their online school work each day.  We have become experts at zoom and other conference call methods.  I have even taken a video call from the closet when I couldn't find any other quiet space.  J has been working harder than usual trying to keep milk on the shelves while we are all enjoying lots of family time, pool time, walks together and more.  We don't got this!  Little kids don't mind spending all day with mom, teens do.  It is hard to not see your friends - at all.  W's 11th birthday was this week.  We had to cancel her party and she didn't get to celebrate with friends like she wanted. (Silver lining - that zoom expertise came in handy and we gathered lots of friends virtually to sing her happy birthday.) J and A are both coughing - a lot.  J has been coughing for 16 days now and Alex about 7.  J feels mostly ok except for the constant coughing and A feels kind of crummy.  Nothing too bad but the cough and some shortness of breath.  He asked me today if it was normal to want to sleep all the time.  So, we are hanging in there...

I decided today to begin rereading the book of Psalms.  I didn't want another study but just wanted to meditate on God's Word.  So I sat outside (on a beautiful Texas day) and read.  God reminded me that he takes care of his people...  right there in Psalm 1 he reminded us that we should meditate on his law, day and night, and that he will take care of us.  And like a tree planted by the water, we will bloom in time.  For me, I always have to remind myself that it is God's time - not my time.  So, I will embrace this new time of quarantine with that thought on my mind.  Meditate on God's Word, wait on his timing, and ultimately, God's got this!

Here are a few pictures to catch you up on our family.  A - 19, M -16, C-12, W-11.  These are from a trip a few weeks ago before the crazy corona virus in Cancun and the birthday girl!









No comments:

Post a Comment