This is the story of our life and the 40 little toes we have to love. Our quiver is full!

Children are a gift from the LORD; they are a reward from him. Children born to a young man are like arrows in a warrior’s hands. How joyful is the man whose quiver is full of them. Psalm 125:3-5






Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Australia Day Adventure


Today was a holiday here in Australia so Sydney was in party mode. Unfortunately J is in China for the week so he missed out on the adventure. I decided to take the kids to central Sydney to enjoy all the festivities. Because I was alone with them, I decided to take the easy route. We could have walked to the ferry and gone across to Circular Quay which is where most of the ferries land and is closest to the Central Business District (CBD). But, we wanted to be at Darling Harbour where there were lots of other things to do. So, I investigated my options and realized that if we drove to another ferry stop, we could go straight to Darling Harbour. Even better, this stop is at the end of the street by J's office. I took his parking pass and off we went. Well, due to the holiday the office was not open and there is no street access from the parking garage. So I could have parked and gone to work but I am pretty sure I would not have made it back into the building once I left. There goes that idea. Next we looked for parking for a few minutes- of course there was nothing to be had so I bit the bullet and parked in a parking garage for (gasp) $32! But, it was easier than driving all over with the kids so I just did it!

We found the ferry with no problem and got right on... perhaps I should have looked a little closer. We got on the ferry heading the wrong direction. So, we ended up in none other than Circular Quay! On a normal day we probably could have just stayed on and rode it back the other way but not today when hundreds of people had been waiting over an hour for their turn. But, not to worry, this little mistake allowed us to ride the train too! We hopped the train to Town Hall and then walked the rest of the way to Darling Harbour. We made it in no time at all and were not too much worse for wear. We saw all sorts of shows, street performers, bands, ate icecream, played in the fountain and just had an all around good time. On the way home, we got on the correct ferry and made it home in time to cool off in the pool before a dinner of Thai takeout. With the little girls in bed, the big kids and I enjoyed some fireworks from the deck. Happy Australia Day!


Darling Harbour

During one of the shows, A was the lucky participant

Had to include a pic of the two sleeping (or almost sleeping) beauties!




Playing in the fountain

In front of the cool ships at the Maritime musuem. A is already asking for that trip next.

No comments:

Post a Comment