After my trip to the zoo earlier this week with the little girls, the two big kids were feeling alittle left out. So, Saturday we made another trip to the zoo as a family. The main attraction? THE EMU!
We also had lunch at the zoo - only worth mentioning here because it was an Aussie first for me. I had a burger with some very Aussie ingredients. Can you see what it is? BEETS! It was actually very good. Next thing to try on my burger- a fried egg. That is a burger with the works. I will be sure to let you all know when I have conquered that one.
Of course we saw lots of other favorites like the giraffes. It is very fun to watch the baby now at the zoo. Hardly a baby anymore - she get so excited about the animals and squeals and points. Very fun. We have switched to the baby carrier most of the time now so she can see better.
Best buddies - an awesome big brother to his little sisters. And they just love him!
Freedom! Enjoying a little time to wander.
A - our budding photographer - took this picture of us! What a fun day at the zoo!
On the way home, I decided a little exercise was in order so the big kids and I decided to walk home rather than drive. J took the little ones in the car and put them to bed while we enjoyed the sun a little longer. It is not far to the zoo from our house -3km maybe - so it is an easy walk. On the way we cut through a little park area and had our very own local bushwalk. We all just love to use the word bushwalk so this was a perfect opportunity. Here are some pics from the walk home.
No comments:
Post a Comment