Happy 5th Birthday to sweet W! We were all ready to get frozen in fun this weekend for her 5th birthday. Sadly, we have just layed around all weekend with a sicky. W ended up throwing up on Friday night after the cake was made, the table was decorated and we were all ready to go. So, for now, our party is frozen in time, our cake is frozen in the freezer, and we are hoping for a frozen party next weekend. In the meantime, here are a few photos from what would have been our fabulous frozen party!
I made the cake using the Wilton Castle set which I just happened to find on clearance at Michaels a few weeks ago. Score! The cake was actually easier than anticipated to make and the turrets were pretty easy to work with. I covered the peaks in fondant and then rolled in sprinkles. The windows I just piped with buttercream and then covered in sprinkles. It turned out beautifully I think and Whitney loved the cake!
I was a sucker and bought the vinyl characters off of Amazon and paid about $30 instead of $12.99 they would have been at the Disney Store if they were in stock. This shortage of Frozen merchandise made for some creative party making. We went with all turquoise and just winged it.
I printed an Ad and cut out the Elsa and Anna so that we had a little bit of the princesses at the party! I am making turquoise ice cube jello jigglers to fill the plastic wine glasses for a little more frozen fun!
Turquoise jewels, lollipops, and hershey kisses gave us a great look I think!
So much fun decorating! Hopefully next weekend when we try again for a party, the girls will enjoy the frozen look and have a great time!




No comments:
Post a Comment