A little fun in the new yard...
On the front steps
This week has been a challenge. M has was sick Saturday through Wednesday with some form of hand, foot, and mouth. For those of you lucky enough to not know what that is, it is a nasty virus. It runs wild in the late summer and fall (which it just so happens to be here is Australia right now) and is very contagious. It causes awful, painful blisters. So, she had a mouth and throat full of these horrible blisters and spent three days absolutely writhing in pain. Poor baby. She is feeling better now and was back to school today. Thank goodness.
In the middle of that, C decided the white rental couches were a bit boring. Apparently she figured pink vomit would remedy the situation. Good times! Oh, and did I mention that Jason is in Thailand and Vietnam this week?
We got our new fridge this week and I could hardly wait for COLD filtered water and LOTS OF ICE! I had the plumber out to install the water line and low and behold the filter was faulty. No ice for me this week. This happened the afternoon after I spent five hours waiting for my tv service to be installed and then found out that they canceled the appointment without telling me. But as they say in Oz," No worries!" I have signed up for another five hour window next week. Let's hope I get some tv out of it this time.
For all the wierd, not so good things that happened this week, there has been some good. I tried out a new Bible Study this morning and I think it will be great. We will be studying the book of Romans for the year. There are several women in my group with young kids and even another American. One of the best parts is they have a creche (that is a nursery to you.) C was thrilled to go. She wants to go to school every morning so I told her I was going to Bible Study and she got to have "school." She loved it! She painted, she sang, she played, and this afternoon, she slept. Yeehaw! W seemed to be just fine and was happy as a little clam crawling around and playing with new toys too.
Now, about our house... It is wierd to be leasing a house. I am so used to having my own house and being allowed to hang a picture anywhere I want. Here, I must seek written permission for everything we do and then we have to patch and repaint the wall when we are done. You might be thinking, no one will ever know if you put a nail in the wall. Not true. They (the letting agent) have very carefully documented every nail, scratch, mark or otherwise in this house. Room by room. Wall by wall. Tonight the owners of the house stopped by to say hello. They were wonderful. So sweet and friendly. They were so excited to meet us and see the kids. They showed me how to work everything in the house. Who knew we had radiant heat under all the tile floors! Meeting them has made me very comfortable and I think it will be great living in their home! Now, here are a few more pictures of the house for you.


In the middle of that, C decided the white rental couches were a bit boring. Apparently she figured pink vomit would remedy the situation. Good times! Oh, and did I mention that Jason is in Thailand and Vietnam this week?
We got our new fridge this week and I could hardly wait for COLD filtered water and LOTS OF ICE! I had the plumber out to install the water line and low and behold the filter was faulty. No ice for me this week. This happened the afternoon after I spent five hours waiting for my tv service to be installed and then found out that they canceled the appointment without telling me. But as they say in Oz," No worries!" I have signed up for another five hour window next week. Let's hope I get some tv out of it this time.
For all the wierd, not so good things that happened this week, there has been some good. I tried out a new Bible Study this morning and I think it will be great. We will be studying the book of Romans for the year. There are several women in my group with young kids and even another American. One of the best parts is they have a creche (that is a nursery to you.) C was thrilled to go. She wants to go to school every morning so I told her I was going to Bible Study and she got to have "school." She loved it! She painted, she sang, she played, and this afternoon, she slept. Yeehaw! W seemed to be just fine and was happy as a little clam crawling around and playing with new toys too.
Now, about our house... It is wierd to be leasing a house. I am so used to having my own house and being allowed to hang a picture anywhere I want. Here, I must seek written permission for everything we do and then we have to patch and repaint the wall when we are done. You might be thinking, no one will ever know if you put a nail in the wall. Not true. They (the letting agent) have very carefully documented every nail, scratch, mark or otherwise in this house. Room by room. Wall by wall. Tonight the owners of the house stopped by to say hello. They were wonderful. So sweet and friendly. They were so excited to meet us and see the kids. They showed me how to work everything in the house. Who knew we had radiant heat under all the tile floors! Meeting them has made me very comfortable and I think it will be great living in their home! Now, here are a few more pictures of the house for you.
My clocks - the only thing I have put on the walls. They are set on Chicago, Geneva, and Sydney time. I know what time it is at your house. Do you know what time it is at mine?!
The lounge with the rental couches (all cleaned now)
The kitchen with our new fridge with no ice...yet.
No comments:
Post a Comment