This is the story of our life and the 40 little toes we have to love. Our quiver is full!

Children are a gift from the LORD; they are a reward from him. Children born to a young man are like arrows in a warrior’s hands. How joyful is the man whose quiver is full of them. Psalm 125:3-5






Saturday, February 20, 2010

Living life on holiday

We have been in our new house about 2 weeks now. Everyone keeps asking me if I am settling in and what I miss. To be honest, I just feel like I am on vacation. The view is fabulous, the weather amazing, the breeze to die for... what more could you want? Not sure how long this will last but I will take it. Of course, there is the school run each morning which is a drag but even that seems ok as I drive down the road for panoramic views of Sydney on the way. We are anxious for our goods to arrive. We found out that they have made it to port and cleared customs. We are scheduled for delivery on the 9th of March but we may get them earlier since they are ready. It will be nice to sleep in our own beds and use real towels rather than white, hotel like towels. And I cannot wait for a fully stocked kitchen so that I am not constantly trying to figure out how to cook something with the few pans I have rented.

This past week our oldest princess turned 6! She was thrilled to get to wear the birthday cape at school all day. What a fun way to do birthdays - and their no treats policy made it real easy on me too. We celebrated with homemade mac and cheese for dinner (her choice of course) and cupcakes for dessert. With my barely functioning kitchen, I did have to buy the cupcakes but they were great. They were definitely different than American cupcakes but delicious none the less. Happy Birthday little one!

No comments:

Post a Comment