This is the story of our life and the 40 little toes we have to love. Our quiver is full!
Children are a gift from the LORD; they are a reward from him. Children born to a young man are like arrows in a warrior’s hands. How joyful is the man whose quiver is full of them. Psalm 125:3-5
Wednesday, August 25, 2010
A long day... a good day
Today was a long day. In every moving cycle, there will come a point when you come off the high of the new place and seem to be in the valley. Today was my valley. There was nothing extraordinary about it really. Woke up in a mood and yelled at my kids for no reason and then felt like the worst mom in the world and begged their forgiveness. Drove absentmindedly and passed a speed camera - not sure if I was speeding or not. Let's hope not. Put a little scratch in my car due to pure stupidity. Finally, I had a good cry. Yes, a long day where I could have said a million things about being far away from family and good friends in America. I could have complained about the driving conditions and the fact that there are no drive thru coffee shops. But in the end, my valley turned out to be a peak. I realized I had someone to cry to. While I may have hit that moving low, it was also a moving high. I have made some amazing new friends here - good enough friends that I could cry with them. Now that is something to celebrate! I was reminded again that you are only rewarded with true friendship when you allow yourself to be vulnerable and let go. So, thank you to my amazing group of Aussie women for letting me have a good cry today Now, I can get back to enjoying this amazing piece of God's creation for as long as I am here.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment